Monday 19 May 2014

CHARGE ME GUILTY IF YOU DESIRE 

Charge me guilty if you desire
But for liars,cheats and murders, my voice will remain restless
Beat,bash and hit me because the law is in your hands l will not retaliate
But I will keep singing along the line by Outspoken and Comrade Fatso
"You can beat my body but my mind will be free"
Charge me guilty if you desire, because you are the law

Rob me of my right to freedom of expression
But shut your mouths and never in your life utter that you stand for democracy
Without fear and favour , I will not hesitate to speak out
I will not fight from your corner to get a day's meal
Many have perished doing so, you have decieved them and later dumped them
Charge me guilty if you desire,because you are the law

I hardly get a decent meal , I strive for hours to put food on my table
Yet you spent double my monthly salary on a single meal
Seeing such disparity in the society do you think I will shut my mouth and let you get away with it
Charge me guilty if you desire, bacause you are above the law

For how long do you think you are going to suck our blood and go away with it
"Nehanda nyakasikana vachagumepiko vachidai?"
For how long do you think these souls of victims of political violence will hold their vegeance
Surely one day these unspoken souls will burst into an uproar
Charge me guilty if you desire, because you are above the law

I said charge me guilty if you desire
But for corrupts, liar, cheats and murders
My voice will remain restless.


Takudzwa .D Ziwenjere

No comments:

Post a Comment